Covid – 19 UPDATE
We are open for a limited number of patients
Under the restrictions of a national lockdown, Harefield Acupuncture can treat ‘Urgent Care & High Need’ patients only. Regrettably, I am unable to take on new patients at this time.
Before attending an appointment?
- Patients who are ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ or ‘clinically vulnerable‘ (click here for details) should consider very carefully whether the benefit of attending their appointment outweighs the risk.
- Patients with a cough, sneeze or fever or have experienced a loss of taste or smell within the last 7 days will be asked not to book/attend their appointment.
- Patients who have come into contact with anyone with a confirmed Covid-19 diagnosis or someone exhibiting the above symptoms in the last 14 days should not book/attend their appointment.
- Patients who have travelled abroad and / or have been instructed by the government to self isolate should not book/attend their appointment.
What to expect from an appointment?
- Appointments have been scheduled with 15 minutes between each appointment. This means patients can come in and wait without coming in to contact with other patients. If there is another patient car outside please wait in your car until the patient has left.
- Patients will wash their hands as soon as they enter the practice room and on leaving the clinic.
- Surfaces e.g. door handles, taps, chairs, treatment couch will be wiped down and disinfected between patients.
- Due to the nature of the treatment a social distance of 2m cannot be maintained all of the time so a mask will need to be worn by practitioner and patient. As a practitioner I will be wearing a Type II Fluid Resistant Surgical Mask (FRSM). Patients must wear a surgical mask (does not need to be FRSM). If you do not have a mask then one will be provided at your appointment.
- Tongue diagnosis will not be carried out.
- Face points will not be used.
- There will no longer be blankets available for patient use but patients are welcome to bring their own. As it is advised windows should remain open to provide as much ventilation as possible, a blanket may be advisable for some patients.
- Water will not be provided but patients are welcome to bring their own.
- Toilet facilities are available but please try and avoid using them, if possible, by going to the toilet before you leave home.
Please bear in mind that Covid-19 restrictions may fluctuate, coming in and out of lockdown. At any time the BAcC may have to ask all members to cease practising immediately.
Updated 15th Feb 2021